Sphere short course – Senga Midlands Zimbabwe
Venue: Senga Training Centre, Gweru, Zimbabwe
Course Dates: 27 February – 1 March 2015
Registration Deadline: 20 February 2015
Course Aim: To develop humanitarian workers’ knowledge of the Sphere (quality and accountability standards) and capacity to apply the minimum standards in disaster response activities.
The training will enable humanitarian workers to develop an understanding of the application of SPHERE approach and process in humanitarian response programming. Participants will become familiar with the Sphere handbook and will gain an understanding of the key initiatives linked to the promotion of quality and accountability within the humanitarian sector.
Who Should Attend?: Humanitarian NGOs workers, students aspiring to join NGOs, volunteers, project/field officers, project managers, government staff and those intending to work for local and international aid organisations.
Sphere – one of many Quality and Accountability initiatives
- To gain an understanding of the key initiatives and issues concerning the promotion of quality and accountability within the humanitarian sector
What is Sphere, why is it important and The Sphere handbook:
- To gain an understanding of where the Sphere project comes from, where it is at present, and where it is going
- To become familiar with the contents of the handbook
- To be able to use the handbook as an operational tool
Sphere and the project/programme cycle
- To gain an understanding of how Sphere can be used in the different stages of the project/programme cycle
- To be able to use the Sphere handbook to carry out assessments, plan, monitor and evaluate programmes
- To gain an understanding of how Sphere has been applied and the lessons learned
Course Fees & Application
USD300 (NGO staff and others); USD150 (MSU students, other students – proof of enrolment required). The Handbook will be provided at a subsidised cost of USD20 for interested participants. Costs for travels and accommodation are at participants’ own expenses. A certificate will be issued to confirm knowledge and skills acquired.
To apply, click here!